REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS FOR PEXGOL PIPES
Small hole, up to 5 cm diameter:
- Uncover the pipe, 2 meters along the pipe and 0.5 meter below the pipe.
- Carefully clean the soil from the pipe and make sure no scratches extend beyond the repair area.
- Use a repair fitting, supplied by Pexgol or use a branch-off saddle.
- In case of vertical installation (dewatering line), the fitting must be protected by a fixpoint bridge.
- Careless excavation could damage Pexgol pipes.
Large hole requiring replacing a pipe section:
- Uncover the pipe, 3 meters along the pipe and 0.5 meters below the pipe.
- Cut out the section of the pipe with the hole and replace with a new section.
- In most cases, the maximum length of the section to be replaced does not exceed 1 meter in length.
- The new section will be connected by:
- Two electrofusion repair couplers
- Four Pexgol’s flanged couplings
- Two Plasson mechanical couplers (for pipes up to 160mm)
- Only technicians trained by Pexol’s field service personnel are authorized to perform the repair.
- Stop water flow using common squeeze-off techniques.
- In case of a vertical installation (dewatering line), the pipe must be secured by a fixpoint bridge prior to cutting the pipe