A smart pipe designed for the aquaculture industry.
- High resistance to abrasion caused by pellets.They have a wear resistance 3 to 5 times higher than a conventional HDPE.
- Longer lifespan and virtually no maintenance in one or more cycles. After installation there is no manipulation or logistics related to the pipeline, so the focus is on feeding the fish, and not on repairing the pipes.
- They reduce the volumes of small and bigger feed particles resulting in more efficient feeding.
- The substantial reduction of small feed particles is associated with the low coefficient of roughness of the internal surface, which also minimizes the breakage of the food when rubbing against the internal surface when it is forced to move at the transport speed.
Coefficient Hazen Williams
Pexgol Aqua –>155 HDPE –>150
Pexgol Aqua –>0.0006 HDPE –>0.0015
- Superior resistance to wave movements.
- There is no obstruction of the food inside the pipe and since it is more flexible and supplied in long lengths easy to be handled.
- Thanks to the cross-linking process, Pexgol Aqua has an extraordinary mechanical resistance. At the exit of the food spreader and other areas of the food transport circuit, a conventional HDPE pipe undergoes fatigue and breakage due to wave movement produced by the waves and the rubbing of the clamps.
- Pexgol Aqua thanks to its ability to “relax” resists external pressures without damage. Once released from pressure Pexgol Aqua will return to its original form.
- Resistant to faults by slow crack propagation thanks to its resistance to tension and its mechanical and thermal memory.
- Pexgol Aqua is more flexible than HDPE therefore, and therefore easier to handle. As well as can be supplied in long lengths.