Pexgol pipe system is suitable for all hydrometallurgy processes:
- Leaching (Lixiviate, Heap Leaching, Dump Leaching, Tank Leaching, In situ Leaching, Gold Chlorination, Gold Cyanidation and Bayer Process).
- Solutions concentration purification.
- Metal recovery.
Pexgol lower both operational and capital costs by offering a plastic pipe suitable to most of the conditions in the plant pipe lines.
Characteristics & Advantages:
- Excellent corrosion resistance. Resistant to H2SO4, H2S in a variety of concentrations and to other corrosives.
- Good behavior on temperatures up to 130°C.
- Good wearing resistance.
- Low adherence due to low superficial roughness (ideal for scale forming solutions).
- Good flexibility and mechanical resistance (impact, scratching).
- Can be supplied in lengths longer than any other competitor.
- Erosion can be monitored by standard ultrasonic devices.
- Simple fittings and easy to install.
- It allows to measure thicknesses in case of abrasion.
How Pexgol reduces OPEX & CAPEX for HPAL processes:
- Typically lower material cost compared to exotic alloys and RLCS.
- Long term corrosion resistant to acidic conditions found in the process eliminate the need for repairs and breakdown.
- Pexgol is a solid wall pipe (not a liner), so even in a case of failure, repair doesn’t require special preparation equipment as in the case of rubber lined pipe.
- Pexgol does not require special treatment such as leveling, preparation or special care as some rigid plastic pipes may require.
- The energy savings can reach 20% compared to some pipe materials, increasing the system’s overall productivity.
- The quick install connection removes the need of welders and welding equipment – lowering skilled labor costs and risks associated with welding.
- When long lines are required, the optional coiling (up to 315 mm O.D.) allows a faster installation rate and lowers risks due to fewer fittings.
- The material flexibility provides installation tolerance in the field.